Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I Want To Stop Thinking About Tomorrow


And breathe in this exact moment instead.

In hospital I had to attend a lot of classes which focused on a thing called 'mindfulness'. Mindfulness is basically allowing yourself to live in the here and now. To just push aside all other little problems, and think about this exact moment.
It's something I wish to try again. I've got so caught up in the past and the future that I've forgotten just how useful this tool can be.

I worry about events which are happening months, sometimes even years, down the track. Hell, I could be dead by then. What's the use in worrying about the future?

I know the past makes up a lot of who we are, but I can't change it. If I choose to think about it, why focus on the negatives? The past is something we should learn from, not dwell on.

I no longer see the point in worrying about something I have no control over. I shall get my booklets out and my meditation cd's and practise mindfulness again.

I think you should too.

No comments:

Post a Comment